Health Services in Kamloops
The goal of this brochure is designed to help you better access health care services in Kamloops.
- Dental Care
- Family Doctor
- Urgent and Primary Care
- Emergency Care
- Additional Services
How to get a family doctor:
- Search online at ‘Find a Doctor BC’ to see what clinics are accepting new patients in your area, Find a Doctor BC.
- Once you have looked at the clinic options, contact HealthLink BC by calling 8-1-1 and ask to be placed on the waitlist.
- Now that you are on the waitlist, you will be notified when the clinic has availability. Other Advice:
- Finding a family doctor may take time, please be patient.
- Ask friends, coworkers, neighbors, or anyone else you feel comfortable asking, if their family doctor is accepting new patients.
Urgent and Primary Care
Address: 311 Columbia Street Unit 102
Phone Number: 250-314-2256
Website: Kamloops Urgent Primary Care
Hours: 10 a.m. to 10
- This is for individuals that need medical attention within 12-24 hours that is NOT considered emergent
- For any emergency care please call 9-1-1 OR go to the emergency department
- This is not a walk-in clinic, you must phone to make an appointment.
- Keep phoning until you are able to speak with someone, it may take a while
- Care is provided for minor injuries such as cuts, wounds, infections, minor childhood injury/illness, and women’s health
Address: Royal Inland Hospital
Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- For any emergency, please visit the RIH Emergency Department
- The Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS) is used to determine who receives care first
- Reminder: This scale is a guide to help you understand how wait times are determined. Those highest on the scale as determined by the hospital will be seen first, while those on a lower scale may wait longer depending on who arrives and how urgent the condition is.
The Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS) is used to determine who receives care first:
- Level 1: Resuscitation
- Conditions that are threatening to life or limbs
- Level 2: Emergent
- Conditions that have the potential to threaten life, limbs, or function
- Level 3: Urgent
- Conditions that may progress to a more serious problem
- Level 4: Less Urgent
- Conditions that have the potential for deterioration and would benefit from treatment
- Level 5: Non-Urgent
- Sudden onset health problems, that do not require immediate attention
Kamloops Kinetic Energy
Provides same-day appointments with medical doctor, women’s clinic, chiropractor, physiotherapy, and other services.
- Address: 207-450 Lansdowne Street
- Phone Number: 250-828-6637
- Website: Kinetic Energy
Kamloops Public Health Unit
The public health unit provides health promotion services such as immunizations, breastfeeding supports, and other programs
- Address: 519 Columbia Street
- Phone Number: 250-851-7300
- Website: Public Health Unit
Virtual Walk in Clinic
Same or next day visit with a doctor online through phone or video
CTAS. (2013). The Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale Participants Manual. The Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale Participants Manual. Retrieved March 21, 2022, from
Division of Family Practice. (2022). Thompson region: Divisions of Family Practice. Divisions of Family Practice. Retrieved March 21, 2022, from
Find a Doctor BC . (2022). Town/City Search. Find a Doctor BC. Retrieved March 21, 2022, from
HealthLink BC. (2022). Home Page. HealthLink BC – 24/7 Health Advice You Can Trust. Retrieved March 21, 2022, from
Interior Health. (2021). Kamloops Urgent Primary Care and Learning Center. Interior Health.
Retrieved March 21, 2022, from
Interior Health. (2021). Emergency Health Services. Interior Health. Retrieved March 21, 2022, from
Courtesy of Carleene Roddick, Amy Strank, and Katarina Sterk, Thompson Rivers University 3rd Year Nursing Students