Workshops, activities, and events bridge the gap between those who are new to Canada and those who are further along in their settlement process. If you are interested in learning more about a certain topic and don’t see it on our workshop list, please contact a Settlement Worker at 778-470-6101.
What is KIS Mentorship Program
A friendship program to match community residents (volunteers) with immigrants in Kamloops and surrounding communities.
Mentor & mentee can meet:
- For conversation practice at a local coffee shop, park, library, etc.
- To learn practice skills; how to take the bus, where to buy groceries, etc.
- For fun activities; going to movies, community events, etc.
It is up to you and your mentee to decide where you want to meet and what you want to do and for how long!
Help learn through a process of social engagement activities.
- How to live in Canada
- How to adjust to the community
- Provide opportunities to practice English
Who is a mentoring volunteer:
- A person who lives in Kamloops
- Someone who wants to learn more about other cultures
- Someone who is interested in sharing life experience
- A person who wants to help someone adjust to living in a
new country, a new environment
How to Join:
- Fill out an application form
- Have an interview with the mentorship coordinator to discuss interests
What are the Benefits?
- Learn about local information and community resources
- Practice conversational English and learn a new vocabulary
- Meet new people in your community
To be matched with a mentor please contact Shiro Abraham at Finance@kcris.ca or 778-470-6101 Ext: 102