Tutors at KIS provide one-on-one support with flexible hours and location for those who want to learn and/or improve their English but cannot attend or in addition to our LINC Classes.
Learn English With A tutor
The ESL Literacy Tutoring Program provides English language support. Let KIS match you with a tutor for one-on-one sessions. Your tutor will plan lessons and will usually meet with you once or twice per week. Tutoring sessions are usually one to two hours in duration and take place at KIS in our tutoring workspace. Your lessons will be tailor-made specifically for you based on your level and the goals you have set in your settlement plan.
- You have total personal attention from your tutor
- You can ask for as much error correction, explanations and feedback as you want without worrying about any other students in the class
- You can study at your speed. Go faster or slow down
- You speak for the majority of the lesson time, so it is really intensive learning.
- You can work on confidential or sensitive work-related material that you would not want to share with other students
- You practise, revise and re-use new vocabulary and grammar continuously
- There are no interruptions or distractions
- It also gives you the skills you need to study and learn on your own so you can reach your goals faster.
For more information regarding this program or to become a volunteer tutor, please contact Diane Clarke, Tutor Coordinator at email@example.com or call us at 778-470-6101.