Outreach Service Thompson-Nicola Regional Area (SPOKE)
KIS provides Settlement supports in communities of the Thompson-Nicola Region and beyond.
Regular visits take place in Merritt, Sun Peaks, Barriere, Clearwater, Ashcroft, Cache-creek and
- Assistance in navigating government information.
- Referral to the community network, programs, and organization.
- Assistance to access employment services and other labour market programs.
- Short-term crisis counselling supports clients going through
unexpected life changes.
- English practice services through conversation circles.
Our Settlement Counsellors also establish connections with local employers, business
associations and community services to facilitate clients’ access to welcoming and culturally
sensitive services and opportunities.
Through our regular visits, we have established great relationships with service
providers such as Thompson-Nicola Regional Library and Community Futures. These agencies have generously offered space for one-on-one meetings with migrant worker clients and group
One-on-one client meetings and follow-ups can be in-person, by phone, e-mail or web conferencing.
For more information contact KIS Settlement Counsellor:
Kate Cheng | 778-470-6101 ext. 111 | Mobile: tel:250-682-1718 | [email protected]
or KIS Migrant Workers Outreach Coordinator:
David Cazares | tel:250-299-4930 | [email protected]