Outreach Service Thompson-Nicola Regional Area (SPOKE)
KIS provides Settlement supports in communities of the Thompson-Nicola Region and beyond.
Regular visits take place in Merritt, Sun Peaks, Barriere, Clearwater, Ashcroft, Cache-creek and
- Assistance to navigate government information.
- Referral to the community network, programs and organization.
- Assistance to access employment services and other labour market programs.
- Short-term crisis counseling to support clients who are going through
unexpected life changes.
- English practice services through conversation circles.
Our Settlement Counsellors also establish connections with local employers, business
associations and community services to facilitate clients’ access to welcoming and culturally
sensitive services and opportunities.
Through our regular visits, we have been able to establish great relationships with service
providers such as Thompson-Nicola Regional Library and Community Futures. These agencies have generously offered space for one-on-one meetings with migrant worker clients and group
One-on-one client meetings and follow-ups can be in-person, by phone, e-mail or web conferencing.