Kamloops Immigrant Services (KIS) is a leader in the settlement sector devoted to welcoming immigrants to Kamloops and the surrounding areas. Its primary goal is to support newcomers through integration services in settlement, language, employment and community connections. Its secondary goal is to inform and sensitize the region on immigration, settlement, integration, and to promote the elimination on racism.
Based on your goals a settlement staff member may provide:
- Orientation on topics related to life in Canada. Including government programs, community resources, rights and responsibilities, and the education system
- Crisis counseling and referral to community services
- Links to essential services, including the Canadian Child Tax Benefit Program
- Internal referral to our English instruction, employment programs, and community connections activities
- Links to public school system, recreation and social programs, language assessment services, community services (income assistance), Immigrant, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) programs