We are available during employee orientation to help migrant workers understand their rights and responsibilities in their first language. We take these opportunities to answer questions on health, income tax, housing and WorkSafe BC (i.e., health and safety rights and responsibilities).
Did you know… There are over 9,000 Temporary Foreign Workers in BC*
KIS offers a variety of free support services to migrant workers in the Thompson-Nicola region.
We assist with:
- integration to the community
- access to services
- understanding of rights and responsibilities
- health and safety
- conflict management and crisis counselling
- language practice
Services are provided in 12 different languages. We do regular visits to the communities to meet with community service providers, employer and migrant workers.
Through our Conversation Circle events participants can increase their language skills and become familiar with local services.
Contact us for One-on-one client sessions in person, by phone, e-mail or video chat.
Mitch Ward | Cell. WhatsApp: 250-803-1458 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Migrant Worker Outreach Lead
Service available in English and Spanish
COVID-19 -A new guide for Temporary Foreign Workers in Canada has been developed by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
- English version: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/campaigns/foreign-worker-rights/covid19-guide.html
- French version: https://www.canada.ca/fr/emploi-developpement-social/campagne/droits-travailleurs-etrangers/guide-covid19.html
- Spanish version: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/campaigns/foreign-worker-rights/covid19-guide-spanish.html
*Note: All facts and statistics are based on Statistics Canada data from 2018.