youth Employment Skills Strategy Program (YESS)
Youth Employment Skills Strategy Program (YESS)
Are you new to Canada and aged 15-30?
Join the YESS program!
What is the YESS program? It’s a fun and engaging program with valuable opportunities to help you achieve your career and life goals. We provide employment coaching, link you to potential employers, and get you trained up for your dream job. From getting your first job to starting your own business, we can help you every step of the way on your career path.
What we offer:
- One-on-one career advising
- Resume and cover letter help
- Interview skills
- Job search techniques
- Job network connections with employers
- Career development workshops
- Job shadowing or mentorship opportunities
- Entrepreneurship programs and how to start your own business
- Exploring education or training options
- Volunteer experience
- Financial assistance
- Fun community activities
- And much more!
Our goal is to give you a safe space where you feel a sense of belonging and can build your best life in Canada. Whether you are brand new to Canada, or have been here for years, we can help you in your career journey.
Who can join?
Youth ages 15-30 who are:
- Permanent Residents
- Protected Persons or Refugees
- Individuals who have been selected to become Permanent Residents by the government of Canada and have received a letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada stating so.
- Ukrainian temporary residents in Canada eligible under the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET)
For more information about the YESS program, contact Heather Lee, our Youth Employment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.