The KIS Educational Bursary Fund was created in Memory of Paul Lagacé, the agency’s Executive Director from 2011 to 2018.
Paul brought stability, expansion of services and growth to KIS, consolidating a strong foundation
to continue providing essential services to New Canadians. His guidance to afford as much Respect, Wisdom,
Generosity, Honesty, Humility, Courage and Fortitude as possible in all dealings with others, leaves an enduring legacy in our community.
To honor Paul’s passion for education, the fund will help Newcomer, Naturalized Citizen and First Generation
Canadian Students who reside in the Thompson-Nicola region during their first and second year of a first degree, be it a bachelor or diploma, in any discipline, at any Canadian registered Colleges or Universities.
Applicants are requested to fill out the attached application form and provide all the information required. Please ensure that a character reference letter is submitted with your signed application, and that all supporting material
is enclosed (copies are acceptable as applications will not be returned).
Applications will be accepted from May 1st, 2022 to June 12th, 2022 and must
be submitted via email at: email@example.com by fax at: 778-470-6102 or via
regular mail at: 448 Tranquille Rd. Kamloops BC V2C 3H2
Announcement of the two successful recipients will be made on June 16th, 2022.
Please note the following:
• Candidates cannot be employees, family of employees, or Board members of KCRIS.
• KIS staff is unable to provide character reference letters for applicants.
• Permanent Residents, Naturalized Citizen and 1st Generation Canadians who live in the Thompson-Nicola
region can apply.
• The bursary is awarded upon proof of registration from the institution’s registrar, and will be
disbursed directly to the educational institution.
• Successful recipients are welcome to re-apply in subsequent years.
• Should you withdraw from the educational institution, please contact KIS to discuss your options.