The Kamloops WCP Workshops were delivered to the community in the fall/winter of 2013. Compiled here is a collection of the various materials and resources that were provided to participants. If you have any questions about the workshops, please contact Paul Lagace at email@example.com or by calling KIS at 778-470-6101.
Community Engagement Workshop
A True Colours workshop was facilitated by Jackie Bandura of Community Futures Development Corporation of the Central Interior First Nations. This workshop looks at new ways to learn about behaviour, and helps us to understand our own behaviour and the behaviour of others as we all have different ways of thinking, understanding, valuing, and conceptualizing. There are no public materials for this workshop, but if you are interested in having the workshop (or others) facilitated in your business/organizations, please contact Jackie at (250) 828-9833.
Employer Workshop Series
Diversity in the Workplace
This workshop looked at encouraging and incorporating diversity into the workplace. It was facilitated by the Women’s Enterprise Centre. The workshop looked at the value-proposition for incorporating diversity into a business strategy, and provided hands on learning and tools to help employers in doing so. To learn more about this non-profit organization, or to contact them about their workshops, please visit their website: http://www.womensenterprise.ca/
– Diversity Training Workshop Package
There were presentations given by various local organizations at the networking events discussing some of the services available to employers who are looking to build their businesses/organizations. Employer services are available through:
– Kamloops Immigrant Services – discussed the support available through KIS to employers who are experiencing challenges in hiring/employing newcomers (this can include cultural, communication, and language challenges)
– Venture Kamloops – reviewed the services they offer to the private sector in helping to grow/further develop your business
– Open Door Group – scheduling conflict prevented ODG from presenting, but you can contact them for information on the services they are able to provide
– TRU World – presented on the IDI (intercultural development inventory) and how it can help an organization/business strengthen their ability to work with culturally diverse peoples
Additional Resource Information
There are many additional resources available on the web for individuals looking to help build a more welcoming and inclusive community: