KIS ChildMind is now looking for help. Deadline Oct. 13th, 4:30 pm.
CHILD CARE ASSISTANT – Temporary Part Time – Closes October 13th, 4:30pm.
Program: Child Mind
Reports To: Child Mind Coordinator
Supervisor: Executive Director
Qualifications: ECE Diploma, ECE Assistant or Early Childhood as defined by contract funding regulations and relevant licensing regulations. Must have a physician letter stating good physical and mental health specific to working with children. Knowledge of materials and strategies in working with children who are ESL learners. Experience with Family Resource Programming. Experience working with families from various cultures; must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural, spiritual and lifestyle diversity. Must be fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing). Knowledge of childhood development, programming and curriculum development for pre-school age children. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Current First Aid certificate is an asset. FoodSafe certificate is an asset. Self starter with experience in building positive, supportive relationships with children and families. Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
Criminal Check; Evidence of compliance with Provincial Tuberculosis program; and record of immunizations must be completed as a condition of employment.
- Assist with Development and preparation of daily activities for children
- Childminding of children
- Assist with program development relevant to children of immigrants, refugees, and refugee claimants
- Maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to positive child development
- Communicate with program coordinator, staff and parents on a regular basis
- Stay abreast of current developments in childcare and continue to upgrade skills
- Assess children’s needs
- Attend appropriate program meetings
- Ensure First Aid Kit and equipment is maintained ready for use and complete
- Attend to any first aid needs as may arise
- Maintain cleanliness of childminding room and facilities
- Other related duties as required
Prospective applicants are invited to inquire via mail, email or in person to:
Interim Executive Director
Kamloops Immigrant Services
448 Tranquille Road
Kamloops, BC V2B 3H2